Monday, April 16, 2012

we did it!

this weekend was my grandma's 90th birthday celebration. and I am happy to report that it turned out beautifully! I am exhausted by the weekend but all the hours of work and lack of sleep was well worth it. My smartest decision this weekend was to take friday off from work to head to salem and begin prepping and decorating. There is just no way I would have been able to finish everything in one day. especially considering I had to take part in the birthday festivities. the dinner took place at our rental house that just happened to be empty right now. meaning we had to bring EVERYTHING in. tables, chairs, pots, pans, the whole nine yards. and to top it off everything had to be out by Sunday because the new renters move in today. 

Without a doubt I would not have been able to have such a successful evening if it wasn't for a few lifesaving people in the kitchen. I owe Jereme and Adonica a HUGE thanks for making a dinner for 20 happen! They pulled it off and everything was SO yummy! I also had an amazing photographer. Leah of Leah Banick Photography did an AMAZING job taking some great family pictures and pictures throughout the night. I am SO excited to see what she was able to capture. This evening would not have been possible at all without this amazing team behind me. So thank you ladies for all your hard work! 

because it was such a busy couple days I didn't have a ton of time to snap good pictures of stuff. Thats why I hired someone to take the pictures but I did manage to snap a few iphone and instagram pictures. I will share the amazing professional ones later but here is a sneak peak of the party.

accent wall, straw flags, place settings, and shelving decor 

pictures, flowers, grandma's wedding pictures, and myself heading home exhausted after clean up yesterday 

over all i am really happy with how everything turned out. my grandma loved it.
she had an amazing time, and it was great to see family. meaning it was all a complete success 

hope you have a simply wonderful monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment