A Watters dress.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Oh wedding dresses. I've been wanting to do a wedding dress post for awhile now but just haven't had the time to really go through the millions of wedding dresses out there in the world. And wow..i must say....the ratio of hideous dresses to beautiful ones were astounding. No wonder dress shopping is usually one of the first things brides want to do once they have said "yes". It could take you months to find that truly perfect dress. And with shows like Say Yes To The Dress, it has only glamorized the process even more. But it should be! This truly is the one time you get to find that perfect white dress.
There are so many things to think about when finding that perfect dress. Here are some things to think about when you are wedding dress shopping.
1. location/ time of year: your beach wedding wouldn't go well with a ball gown...you get it..use your common sence
2. Shape: all brides go in thinking they know what will look good on them..and frankly they probably do know themselves pretty well. However, try all the basic bridal shapes on...you might be surprised what else is out there and how amazing your body could look.
3. Length: This one is always a tricky one.. I am kind of traditional in this area and love the long gowns. However, there are their those certain brides who can pull off a short dress. the key here is to make sure the length is correct
4. Price. psh...we all wish wedding budgets didn't even exsist...sigh..but we live in the real world...and even if you have a small budget it does not mean you can't have a beautiful dress. It just means you gotta do a little more foot work and really shop around. but regardless of price you can find something great...weather your dress budget is 500 or 10,000.
5. Accessories. Oh man...i love accessories. And wedding day accessories can be SOOO much fun. But ladies don't over do it. Don't feel the need to have something on your head, ears, neck, wrist and hand....everyone knows my favorite saying... "Less is More". Amen. You know im right with this one.
Now for the fun stuff. The dresses. I know everyone has different taste but here are some of my favorites at the moment!
Let's start with something different. PINK. Pink gown? looks at this thing..its beautiful. Definitely a right now, in style, of the times kinda dress.
Classic. Simple with Lace detailing.
A Watters dress.
A Watters dress.
I love lace. I think it is so romantic. This dress has a beautiful scalloped edges.
Pnina Tornai. Ball gown. Great detailing at the top
okay now THIS is a GREAT short dress. I love love love it! Absolutely to die for!
From Justin Alexander
For the simplistic bride.
Backs. I love a dramatic backs....and this is drama. So is the one below.
elegant bride. sweetheart top with gorgeous detailing.
This Lazaro dress is one of my all time favs.
The last thing I have to say about dresses is that you truly do know when you have found the "one". Follow your heart. And it truly is your dress. No ones else's. If you feel amazing in it and love yourself in it then that is all that matters.
Have a Simply Happy Wedding Wednesday!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
this weekend/ yesterday has been hectic to say the least! the weekend was full of dinner prep an errands and an endless to do list. And yesterday was crazy at work then off to the dinner party. Thankfully the dust is starting to settle and I got through my first dinner party without my beloved jereme. I however did have a Kevin's saving grace to come cook for me. Even though it was a crazy weekend it didn't come without a little excitement.
So here is whats been exciting the last few days.
New Gray patterned fabric for my dinner party... love
speaking of gray...new gray napkins :) heaven
(can you tell i have a new obsession with gray?)
got to see these cuties! :)
they are getting so big! so much fun to bbq with them and hold and love them :)
blackberry picking. always fun..and delish...and did i mention a money
saver for my dessert i made for my dinner party
and i got to start season two of United States of Tara. Such a funny show.
If you haven't seen it you should...its great.
And finally I'll leave you with a preview of my dinner party last night. Pretty grays and pinks. Very girly. Perfect for an all ladies dinner party :)
Hope you have a simply wonderful Tuesday!
Saturday, August 27, 2011
With the song Dream, by Pricilla Ahn
I love the music of this song. The lyrics are simple and reminiscent... dreams of a little girl can sometimes still be the dreams of a young women. I know...cheesy and dorky..but every once in awhile a litte sweetness is just what you need.
So here are the lyrics..and a youtube vid so you can listen to it :)
Dream, by Pricilla Ahn
I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green.
I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest swing.
I had a dream.
Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park,
I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie.
I said a prayer and fell asleep.
I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest tree.
I had a dream.
Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave.
I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.
I had a dream
Hope you have a simply wonderful saturday :)
Friday, August 26, 2011
Oh Friday. How I love thee. This week went by super duper fast! But i'm not complaining. This weekend is going to be full of dinner party prep for a dinner on Monday night. But hopefully I can squeeze in some relaxation. But for now its blank time! Today's blanks are kinda random..which I love. Link up yourself at The Little Things We Do.
2. When people are late and stroll in like they weren’t just 20 min late it makes me want to punch someone.
3. I like mac book pro because, it makes my world go round .
4. Erect is a funny word.
5. If I had to choose one beauty product to use for the rest of eternity it would be Coco Butter. Smells amazing and makes you so nice and soft.
6. I'm happy that next month I’m wine tasting my way to Portland then staying at the nines!
7. I would never wear fur. Something about it creeps me out.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
I would like to start by saying: I Love Pinterest. Because without it I would have never seen a picture of this AMAZING Cake Ball Maker!!!!! Babycakes has made this awesome cake pop maker! That's right people! A device that will make those perfectly shaped round cake balls!!!! Can you tell I'm excited?!
Take a look at this fabulous thing! And how cute is it?!
Perfectly Round Balls...without the mess of traditional cake balls
I can start making all of these cute cake balls!
Sigh... and the best part..its not overly priced... 24.99 isn't that bad! I may be having to purchase this in the near future... To cute to pass up!
Hope everyone has a simply wonderful Thursday!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
A wedding has soooo many components. There are countless opportunities for there to be unforgettable moments. Those moments that you sigh with joy or just have that giddy smile plastered on your face. Sometimes those moments that are to good to be true. There are many key moments that we know will happen and today I have brought you my favorites. As well as a couple moments that just happen and are captured by amazing photographers. So here are some of my top cant get enough of moments.
The bride seeing herself in her wedding dress and all done up for the first time :)
The bride and groom seeing each other for the first time.
The groom seeing his bride walk down the aisle.
Moments captured like these...
where you can tell without a doubt how in love the couple truly is.
Gotta love the moments :)
Hope everyone has a simply wonderful Wedding Wednesday!
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
So earlier this month i made a trip to the fabric depot. Sigh...heaven... SO many amazing prints and textures...you truly can get lost in there for hours. I've been itching to change my room up from its same old same decor i've had the last few years. I wanted something fresh and modern but on an almost non-existent budget. Enter DIY projects galore. I've been working on three different ones the last couple weeks and it's fun to see things start to come together.
My first project was repainting an old frame I got at Goodwill awhile ago and
instead of framing a fun picture i decided to back it with this AMAZING chevron gray fabric
i found at the fabric depot.
It was a pretty simply straight forward project. The frame was so old that it didn't cover amazingly well with the bright yellow paint. But after a few coats it was good to go.
Here is what I started with...
Next I took out the nails that held the old picture in place.
After I sanded off all the grim that I could it was time to paint. Finally invested in some painters plastic..much better the using newspapers..haha
I picked a nice BRIGHT yellow :)
Once things were painted I got out the good old glue gun and glued the fabric to
the backside of the frame.
Next I just trimmed the edges of the excess fabric
And there you have it! A new piece of art for above my bed. I kind of wish one line of the chevron that was yellow..or maybe two toward the bottom half...wouldn't that be cute? hmm..
Here's a sneak peak at my new curtains :) and the over all bed. My old throw pillows definitely don't go with my new decor so i need to find/ make some right away.
What do you think?? More to come on the room decor soon!
Friday, August 19, 2011
we FINALLY made it to FRIDAY!!! This was a very long week at work. A lot going on and all i want to do is relax and have some fun this weekend. Lets hope that happens. But if it's friday that means its Fill in time! Link up over at the Little Things We Do.
2. Love makes the world go 'round.
3. If it weren't for bills and school loans I'd have a much calmer life.
4. Bloggers are people whom I have come to love and respect. So creative and so many different voices to be heard.
5. If I had a million dollars I'd buy you a dream vacation around the world.
6. I'm glad it's Friday because this was a very long week at work and more then ever I can use a break.
7. Something I'm excited about is the trip to Portland a group of us our planning for next month..wine tasting out way to Portland then staying at the Nines ☺ .
Hope you have a Simply wonderful weekend!
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
So i totally had another more detailed post for today but i've been at work since before 7am and i just don't see how I'm going to have time to finish it. I really need to learn to do these posts ahead of time... allll well.. But don't worry! I have an AMAZING wedding video for you! From my favorite wedding cinematographer Jo Simon! This is a beautiful destination wedding. and they are SUCH a cute couple! It starts with some beautiful words from the brides father...you know its going to be good :)
How did you feel about her short dress? I'm normally not a huge fan but I think it was perfect for this wedding and seemed so fitting for her. Sigh..i love weddings! Happy Wedding Wednesday!
Have a Simply wonderful Wednesday!
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
everyone has their moments of complete stupidity. and last night i had one of those moments. Now i normally pride myself in being able to take care of everything going on around the house..i can be pretty handy and fix things, or hook our surround sound system up and have the patience to call and have someone help fix our tv when it wasn't working.
And thats what i did last night.
I looked the number up online called..and for some reason they couldn't pull up my account information...weird...but the guy still could help me trouble shoot what the problem was. I started reading him numbers that he asked for and one after another nothing was working...meanwhile i had restarted our little box and when asked what came up on the screen i told him.."oh the direct tv logo is all i see" "...mam...do you have direct tv?" me: "Yes" Him: " you called dish network" me: "crap!! do you get this a lot??" Him: "Yes mam, 3rd time today"
(pausing for uncontrollable laughter)
and we actually did laugh together. I apologized, got off the phone and called the right people.
now..i really am not sure if he actually had 3 people call that day or if he was trying to be nice. but i would like to think that im not the only one who lost their marbles for 15 min...haha
all i can say is that at least i didn't call comcast....then ide really be worried for myself....
Have a simply wonderful Tuesday!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Heeeyyy! It's Friday!!!! And for once my weekend isn't already planned out and scheduled with a million things. I plan on staying around town, working on my room and a diy project and just relaxing...and i can't wait! But now its time for blanks! Happy Birthday to Lauren over on the little things we do! Her blanks are birthday related in honor of it! And they are such fun blanks!
1. My most favorite birthday was probably my 22nd birthday this last year. It was fun to do a big birthday dinner the day of my bday with all my friends then to a weekend in Portland with my closest friends. We had so much fun having a nice dinner and going out for cocktails. It was the perfect sized group and just an over all fun night. However nothing can beat my pink hummer limo for my 21st ☺
2. My worst birthday was hmm..i don’t know if I have a worst birthday..i used to never even do anything big for my birthday’s because growing up I would always take the money to go shopping with instead of having a party..haha..although my 21st was this huge deal with tons of people I did end up crying that night..too many people and to many opinions on where to go..a disappointment but at the same time it ended up being a great night with a good friend in the hallway of a hotel with a big bottle of champagne.
3. My favorite birthday memory is spending my 16th birthday in Bali, and the “my life growing up slideshow” my parentals made for my 21st..
4. The best birthday present I've ever received was Love them all, big and small..the memory shadow box my mom made me a couple years ago with pictures of my dad and me brought me to tears..it was beautiful.
5. The best birthday present I've ever given was oo I love giving birthday gifts! I think the best gift was to my bestie Sammie. Our group of friends pulled together and bought her a plane ticket to New Jersey to go visit her dad’s side of the family whom she hadn’t seen in years and years and had been wanting to see.
6. Birthdays are my FAVorite! Whether they are mine or someone else’s they are a day to celebrate that person and make them feel special. Even if it is a small gathering or big gathering they are special regardless.
7. My favorite age so far has been Gotta say 22 has been pretty great! I feel like I’ve really come into my own this last year…as cheesy as that sounds. But I think 23 is going to be a major turning point..just because there is going to be a lot of changes in the next year and im excited and anxious to see what happens.
Hope you all have a simply wonderful friday!!! Happy Weekend!
Thursday, August 11, 2011
yay for days off! i was off yesterday and due to my current lack of internet situation i wasn't able to post my usual wedding wednesday funness..sooo we will just post it today :) There were a couple things I came across this week that were absolutely adorable.
Starting with these bow tie table settings that were over on Bow Tie & Bustle Blog yesterday! What a cute idea!
I also love that the transportation for this wedding! The whole wedding party was basically in a parade of pedicabs on the way to the wedding! More pictures over on 100 Layer Cake
These little heart glasses are another fun idea!
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
well i failed at finishing my diy project i've been working on. To much cleaning last night and just not enough time to work on anything else. Hopefully i'll have that finished later this week.
anywhooo....this weekend i helped my mom out with a little casual bbq she was throwing for some friends. it was a perfectly sunny warm day and it was fun to be out in the sun. She had some great simple hors' d'oeuvres and great kabobs with yummy salads and pretty garden flowers. It turned out quite cute actually. Here are some pics!
our famous cucumber water! soooo delish and so easy to make...cucumber + water= heaven
yay for sunny summer days!
Hope you have a simply wonderful tuesday!