Monday, December 19, 2011

what a weekend

this weekend was full of attempts to be productive...and for the most part I was...i obviously wish i could have gotten about 20 hundred other things done but all well. The countdown for Indo is on and with less then a week to go my butt better get into gear with packing and the MASS amounts of laundry i need to do. sigh...i know it will all get done but sometimes i really wish i didn't have to work this week so i could take my time and not rush... Anyways here is what I was up to this weekend

Did some major cleaning and redecorated my piano..i kind of see my piano as all of you with a fire place mantel to decorate..haha 


very simple and natural


got a head start on my table decor for family Christmas that i hosted at my house 


Did some essential shopping form the trip. Got this fun navy bag at good old Target. It will be perfect! Nice and roomy, it zips, and will withstand a hard 3 weeks of traveling. 


Also picked up some books for all 6 of my flights. (thats just to get to our final destination)

One Day by David Nicholls 


And the Happiness Project by Gretchen Ruben. 




Finished up a couple DIY projects. My fun hand scrub and made some delicious homemade mini pumpkin breads that I packaged in of course a mason jar :) The recipe is over on Restored Style...an AMAZING blog so you should all check it out! :) 



And finally sat down to Christmas Dinner on Sunday night.. I made my holiday go to meal this year. Prosciutto and Fontina Cheese stuffed pork chops, caramelized butternut squash, and roasted brocolini  with parmesan . Talk about yummy! And we ended with a chocolate peppermint lava cake..totally forgot to snap a picture...but it was so good! 



A busy weekend. And now back to monday. Everyone else have a good weekend?

Hope you have a simply wonderful Monday.  

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I love the mason jars, really cute!

    ReplyDelete