Thursday, May 26, 2011

Guest Post!

i am super excited to have a guest blogger today! Ashley Clark, one of my super cool student workers is chattin up a storm with her favorite quotes. Who doesn't love a little inspiration to get them through the day?! Thanks Ashely!



Andrea has been so gracious as to allow me to make my blogging debut by guest posting here on Simply Pink! I’m so excited; I love the blogosphere and am an avid follower of many lifestyle blogs. Being a bit of a newcomer I think I will start out small, doing a series on my favorite things. This week I’ve decided to pick quotes, because who doesn’t love a good, inspiring nugget of wisdom to get through the day? Hopefully you find them helpful and have a happy Thursday!

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.


-Ralph Waldo Emerson (although I’ve read it is miss-credited to him, but we’ll stick with it).


“I believe in PINK. I believe that LAUGHING is the best calorie burner. I believe in KISSING, KISSING a lot. I believe in being STRONG when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that HAPPY girls are the PRETTIEST girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in MIRACLES.”

–Audrey Hepburn



“Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery- celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from—it’s where you take them to” --Jim Jarmusch


“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be.
There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same; there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again”
--Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

~Abraham Lincoln



Great quotes Ashely! Thanks again! Have a simply wonderful thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment